If you can't make a monthly payment, call the office at 877-850-4343. ECI REC offers payment options such as a 12-month payment agreement or stop by our Urbana office during regular business hours. If we do not hear from you, your electric service may be disconnected.
If you are late making an electric bill payment, you can expect:
- Late Penalty- If your payment is not received by the 1st of the month, a late fee of 1.5% will be charged on the amount outstanding.
- Written Reminder- The reminder gives a final disconnect notice date and 12 days to make the payment that shows on your bill.
- Phone Call - If ECI REC has your current phone number, you may receive a notification via phone about past due payments.
- Posting Notice- A notice will be posted at your residence or wherever your service is located 24 hours prior to disconnect. A trip charge for this posting will be added to your past due payment.
- Disconnect - If acceptable payment arrangements are not made within the 24-hour posting notice, your power will be disconnected and an additional trip charge will be added to your electric bill.
- Reconnect - Once payment of past due and additional fees and charges has been received, or payment arrangements have been made, we will reconnect your electric service and you will be responsible for charges associated with the reconnect trip.