Low-Cost and No-Cost Ways to Save Energy in Your Home
- Install a programmable thermostat to keep your house comfortable.
- Use LED light bulbs with the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Use the microwave instead of the oven.
- Unplug phone and tablet chargers when not in use.
- Replace furnace filters regularly.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Hang clothes out instead of using dryer.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Install low flow shower heads.
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes.
- Use a Smart Strip to power your TV, video games, cable box.
- Install weather stripping or caulk around doors and windows.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products.
Visit our resources library to download brochures about energy-efficiency.