Janurary 13, 2020: In addition to the safety and security of member data, ECI REC prioritizes the safety and security of our employees and guests. Optimizing lobby security at the Urbana headquarters has been on our radar for some time, and in 2019 the Board of Directors approved a construction plan to better secure the Cooperative’s front counter.
The approved construction plan substantially reduces the current lobby space, which is under-used. By repurposing this large area, two new spaces will be created: a smaller, more secure lobby/front counter area and an all-employee training and meeting room.
Construction will begin January 20. The front lobby of the Urbana headquarters will be closed off and inaccessible through April 13.
For your safety:
- The first driveway will be closed off to members and the public. It is to be used only by the contractors working the job.
- Members and the public will be redirected to the second drive to access the payment drop box and the back door if necessary.
- There is a new payment drop box located in the circle near the Cooperative’s flagpole.
- There will be member and public parking available near the back door.
- We will post signs to assist members and the public in finding and using these areas.
- Members can also make payments 24/7 toll-free at 888-223-2048, or online by registering with SmartHub at ecirec.smarthub.coop.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.