Setting up a direct payment option for your monthly electric bill has many benefits. It takes the worry out of remembering to make your monthly payments and saves you time. It also saves our Cooperative time and money, not to mention being better for the environment.
There are two ways to set up monthly, automatic direct payments for your electric bill:
1. Through SmartHub, ECI REC’s online payment portal.
Not registered? All you need is your account number, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and an email address.
2. With help from ECI REC’s consumer services group.
- Access the online electronic direct payment application.
- Complete the application form and sign it (typed signatures are acceptable).
- If you want the bill to be deducted from your checking account, make a copy or a scan of a voided check from the desired checking account.
- Email the form and scanned check image to email@example.com, or mail the form and voided check to our Urbana office.
Direct payments are a win-win!
In addition to saving our members time and money up front, direct payments save money in the Cooperative’s bill payment process by:
- Reducing the number of bills being physically processed
- Minimizing overdue payments and member follow-up
- Minimizing errors
- Increasing compliance
- Enhancing security
- Improving workflow efficiency