For the third year, the Glenn English National Cooperative Leadership Foundation will offer one $10,000 and four $1,000 scholarships to students and Youth Tour alumni working on their first undergraduate degree program.
The award encourages educational advancement by awarding high education scholarships to eligible students who have shown a commitment to the Seven Cooperative Principles. In 2014, ECI REC Youth Tour alum Dustin Toale, a University of Northern Iowa real estate and finance major, received one of the $1,000 scholarships.
Applications are now available here. The deadline to apply is April 1. Winners will be chosen in mid-July and awards will be distributed in August. If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Hill at Rebecca.Hill@ nreca.coop or 703-907-5794.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a US citizen
- Have participated in NRECA’s Youth Tour program
- Have received academic credits equal to at least one year of college
- Have completed at least one semester at an accredited university or college as a full-time student
- Enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited university or college by the application deadline of April 1, 2016
- Student must be working on completing his/her first undergraduate degree*
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA
- Civic, volunteer, and political activities
- Leadership skills
- Involvement in cooperative-based programs and activities
*Individuals pursuing a second undergraduate degree and/or any higher degrees are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.